English is one of the world's major languages. It is therefore important students learn it as young as possible. The postgraduate degree at UIC Barcelona, which is taught in English, will train you to incorporate English into your teaching and improve your level of English proficiency on a personal and professional level.
The Postgraduate Degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language involves:
- Understanding the main methodological approaches to multilingualism and additional language acquisition.
- Learning about the cognitive and meta-cognitive processes that affect additional language FL acquisition.
- Gaining insight into and exploring the methodological approaches to integrating foreign languages and content (CLIL).
- To increase knowledge in phonetics paying attention in different accents and how to work pronunciation in class.
- Developing the cross-cultural competences required of teachers of English as a foreign language.
- Learning about and integrating culture into foreign-language teaching.
- Designing teaching materials that promote foreign-language acquisition from a communicative, inter-disciplinary standpoint.
- Comprehending the processes involved in developing reading comprehension skills in multilingual settings.
- Improving the strategies for developing and enhancing teachers' English-language proficiency.
This is the right postgraduate degree for you if you are a pre-primary or primary teacher, a secondary school teacher or if you teach in a non-regulated school dedicated to teaching English. It will also be of interest to you if you are part of a school management team and you would like to discover new perspectives on teaching and learning English as an additional language. To take this postgraduate degree you must have at least a B1 level of English.
- Students with a degree in Pre-Primary and Primary Education.
- Students with an undergraduate or bachelor's degree in Humanities.
- Students with an undergraduate or bachelor's degree linked to pre-primary, primary, secondary or upper secondary education.
- Professionals from non-regulated education that involves teaching English as a foreign language.